Friday 17 February 2012

It takes two baby...







images courtesy of style.com

I have a confession. I have been harbouring a secret style crush for many many years...it manifests itself in the shape of the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. I love them for many reasons... The shaggy, limp hair. Heart shaped super duper pretty faces. The teeny tiny pocket size of them. Their general aesthetic amazingness - as separate entities and the wonderfulness of them together. Lastly... But not least! Drum roll please..... THE ROW!!! Now I do adore their lesser priced collection Elizabeth and James (very cutely named after their siblings) but I get excited every season for their beautiful collection The Row. I heart the minimalism, the louche tailoring and elegant silhouettes. I love the splashes of fur...and I muchly love their recent addition of handbags. Now one would need a small mortgage for their bags (prices reach an eye watering £20 grand!) but they mirror the chic simplicity of the RTW collection and they make me drool too!

The best thing about this for me is that The Row isn't just some crappy, celebrity endorsed collection with no style, substance or design prowess. It is a brand, a real brand. Good and proper. Not only this but it is desirable, covetable and well stunning. This is a rarity, but along with Mrs Beckham, The Olsens have proved they are no one trick ponies. That they aren't just famous IT girl actresses, they are talented, passionate, stylish designers who know exactly what women want to wear. That little "je ne sais quoi" that all great designers have... I heart them.

No comments:

Post a Comment