Monday 20 August 2012

ring o' ring o' roses, a pocket full o' posies...





I apologise in advance to this lovely lady for the lateness of this post. I photographed her almost a week ago and have been so busy, busy working I have had little if any time to post... and dear readers, I apologise to you for a lack of posting in the past couple of weeks. This has been down to little time and the fact I am planning new little features and posts to make pins and needles a better more funtastic reading experience.

Back to the lady in question... due to the sunshine, rushing to work and the sheer excitement t her downright wonderful accessorising skills I didn't ask her name but praise I shall heap regardless. The wool theme of her accessories was what caught my beady fashion pervert eye, I can't pinpoint what I love more... the wonderful floral garland of a necklace or the frankly HUGE pastel, ombre knitted piece of wonderment that is her bag! It is utterly epic. and I would quite happily live in it as the size and sheer woolliness would accommodate me just fine as a home. Also the semi-surrealist theme of her necklace (floral garland as neckpiece) did nothing but charm me and I wish I owned one. I am a fan of the statement necklace and this was just that. The simple touches of the top knot and Isabel Marant-esque fringed booties work really well for me too, especially the length of the dress. It is neither midi nor maxi and that for me is just lovely. The length manages to become an entity all of it's own, so that with the fancy knitted/floral finishing touches makes this lady a maverick to me. Despite the fact that I fly the flag for maximalism I do ADORE any folk who can make minimalism the order of the day with accessories plus the fact that both pieces could do nothing but shine against the simple silhouette of the dress meant that they became all the more statement and noticeable. I just want it all...

Now I just need to knit one, purl one my way to some rather magical accessories. Shame I am utterly useless at knitting....

No comments:

Post a Comment