Sunday 9 September 2012

Leather and Suede






I spotted Vicky, a fashion student, milling around my local Size? and knew I had to capture her for my blog... She was rocking the right amount of trashion with a cool girl edge... Think more grunge than ghetto if you will!
I can't even decide what part of the ensemble is my favourite. I just loved the hi/lo aspect of oversized leather and suede with boyish Nike Air Max juxtaposed with the vintage Chanel. I loved the little rude girl vibe of the mini creole earrings too... Oh and the slash of grown up deep red lippie added something a little off to the proceedings...
One of my all time favourite traits in somebody's personal style is using certain styles of grooming that are a polar opposite to the garms they are rocking, and Vicky has achieved that perfectly. I also love that she is wearing oversized leather pieces (very CĂ©line) as opposed to next seasons boring vampy "how to wear leather..." trend, I like that it's not all sexy sexy and uber tight pencil skirt/peplum combo that is boring the fuck out of me already. I really love it when someone puts a total spin on a look/trend/texture and it's totally unexpected and a little random. They always make the best outfits...

No comments:

Post a Comment