Wednesday 26 September 2012

Python and Posies...


There was a definite trend trickling through from the recent London shows, and that was python print, which has been hanging around a few seasons now, teamed with luscious florals to create a fantstically edgy mood that has become synonymous with the collections paraded down the catwalks of London Fashion week...

Preen s/s 13






Preen duo Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi celebrated their ten year tenure by returning to the birth place of their fabulous after showing in New York for the past few years... They added lashings of patch work python to their fabulous overblown graphic florals to create a strangely edgy take on this look. What I love most about this mash up of summer prints is that much of the silhouettes and collections have a very ladylike mood to them, totally juxtaposing the print mash up and making it look all the more London. As usual Preen has been one of my favourite London shows, mostly because it is just plain gorgeous, and secondly because I could imagine myself wearing it all. O h and lastly because they came home, mind you even in NY they never lost their touch, or started to look decidedly 'New York.' Welcome home...


Erdem s/s 13






Erdem brought a filthy edge to his usually ultra feminine floral proceedings by starting off with mixing python prints with perfectly pretty florals and lace, and then throwing it all on its head with an infection of neon floral. He kept things super un-Erdem by using transparent lace and bold palettes of neon orange and pink, all with big granny knickers on show. I utterly adore Erdem and spend many a season dreaming of coating myself in piece after piece from his collections, and this offering made me love him even more. I never thought he could make me obsess over florals more than I already do, however adding a tough girl hit of neon and snakeskin into the mixing bowl he has. I know next season I will definitely mixing a little python with my peony...

No comments:

Post a Comment