Friday 12 October 2012

It all began with C

I've never hidden the fact that all my favourite shows in Paris (and kind oh the world) begin with a C... And my go to houses didn't fail to set my little heart beating...

Chloe s/s 13






First off was Chloé... Not only is the house celebrating its 60th anniversary with a stunning exhibition and a fanfare of parties. All of this didn't seem to faze Claire Waight Keller who produced the best show of her tenure so far... There was minimalism, sport inspired chic, ruffles and the usual Chloé ultra girly, stunning beauty. My favourite was the palest of pale lilac in wispy, ultra fine organza with just the right amount of ruffle and pleat. It was all yummy. The classic, sensual, French Chloé girl is back. With bells on. Oh, and I would rather love to be her!

Celine s/s 13







THE SHOESSS!!!!!!! (these mink babies have been the talk of Paris...)



Next up was Céline... Oh I effing loved the whole lot!!! Despite last seasons lack of show due to being heavily pregnant, Phoebe Philo showed there was no stopping her... Maternity leave or no maternity leave! I for one wanted the whole lot... It was much softer and less stiff and tailored than usual and this added to the beauty. I love that Philo has edged the brand on and given the Céline girl a soft, louche look. Oh and I want the mink heels... They are so utterly wonderfully silly and un-Céline they are totally fucking perfect.

Carven s/s 13








Lastly, and totes not least, is Carven. The Carven girl seems to have grown up this season... Gone are the Peter Pan collars and thigh grazing hemlines... In is a suitably sixties and softly tailored collection that was still utterly Carven. I loved the bold flash of red that burst into a collection with a colour palette that was rather autumnal and subdued, it gave the whole thing a bold edge that I loved. I wanted it all... The laser cut leather, the kidney bean shaped cut outs and the muted jacquard fabrics.

Oh I wish I was French... Then I could pull it all of perfectly...

all images courtesy of style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment