Thursday 17 January 2013

Heartbreak Heels...




I have decided to explain my blogging hiatus... It's a tad depressing but a nice way to give folk a tiny piece of my life, just over a month ago my little life imploded and I split up with the boy and subsequently had to move out of the little flat we shared. 

On the same day I acquired a new pair of shoes via a very dear friend attending their staff sale, I agreed to said purchase before finding myself homeless and boyfriend-less and very poor and in need of a flat deposit. Luckily Mother dearest saved my skin with the deposit and I found myself a pair of FABULOUS shoes richer than I was before... So with tears stinging my cheeks and my heart bursting into a million pieces I went to collect the offending footwear, and for the first time in days felt happy. And hopeful. Happy because I had gained quite possibly the most fierce and bad-ass heels a girl could own, and hopeful because I had a fresh start and new life to plan.

My heels became my Heartbreak Heels... Mainly because I got them whilst nursing quite possibly the most broken, battered and horrible heartbreak, and secondly because the heartbreak and the shoes came at the same time. After staying with a very dear friend I found myself (and the shoes) a new home and had to very sadly pack up my old life and divide possessions with the boy. I did acquire some nice crockery and a leopard print blanket in the break up, I managed to lose half a stone and whole heap of dignity, mainly due to sobbing in the street, obsessing via Facebook and moping. A lot. In the past few days I have found myself feeling much stronger, braver and simply happier than I have the past few weeks, at first I couldn't even open my laptop never mind Blogger and hence why my poor little blog took a bit of ignoring... This past week I realised I felt ready to start typing, perving and general fashioning agin and I knew it was time to get posting.

It felt apt to address what I have been through of late, not only has it felt cathartic but I felt I owed it to any folk who read this regularly and might not have known my sorry old situation... I have decided if I made any resolutions in the New Year it would be to put myself first... and to make 2013 all about me, myself and well, I. This is moslt y going to involve sorting out my life and peddling away at the career in fashion I have been dreaming about since I could spell "Birkin" and discovered what fashion week is. My main aim is to post daily and get my illustrations onto a platform... be it a website, blog or whatever...

If any good was to come of this, it had to be the Heartbreak Heels...

Oh, and being fabulous...

No comments:

Post a Comment