Wednesday 22 May 2013

A few of my favourite things...






The title says it all really... Today's chosen outfit was me throwing on some of my trusty favourite pieces that never fail to make me feel good when I've got them on... each piece has a little story or memory attached to it too.

Cardigan
This little treasure was gifted to me by my now ex boyfriend's Granny, she is a hugely important part of his life and I only met her after we had been together about 2-3 years. She is one of the sweetest, fiery and wonderful people I have ever met and is sharp as a tack despite her 80 odd years. Meeting her was a total pleasure and I oft popped round with the boy to say hello or sat with her whilst he was doing her shopping (he is a good egg) and had the pleasure of being gifted this cardigan because she thought I would like it. She was wrong. I LOVED it, and it is one of my favourite pieces. Despite losing a button here and there and the odd tiny hole it is a delight of a piece and sits cherished in my vast wardrobe.

Tee shirt
I picked this up on a pilgrimage to London along with a fabric bag, on my first ever visit to the Marc Jacobs store on Mount Street. It is a little bobbly, a little faded but one of the comfiest things I own. It was only about £20 and has two Boston terriers on the front and I love it. My first ever piece of Marcy Marc and I cherish it. I recon I will keep it for many more years until it's in bits and is relegated to the pyjama drawer. 

Jeans
A recent addition to my repertoire and only £9 from Primark, they are a fab pair of denims, and fit and wear a lot better than you'd expect at that price. Despite buying Petite 29" length they were still too long, so I just hacked them to the desired length, as you do. They mean a lot to me because they are the first pair of jeans I have felt confident about wearing for years, y'see I got a bit fatter in the 'honeymoon' period of my last relationship and never seemed to shift it. Well now I've got rid of the excess tum tum I feel happy in denim again... The oldies didn't fit so I needed a trusty new pair and that is where these fit in! I recommend a pair of 'happy jeans' to all!

Converse
These bad boys need no introduction. I wear mine bright white and anti - bacterial wipes, occasional washing machine visits, Stay-Brite whitener in the wash and constant puddle dodging help maintain this. Plus these are pretty new. Comfy, dependable and the best 'day off' foot furniture one can ever own. 

Jewellery
Current loves are my vintage woven pearls and wishbone from Jacobs by Marc by Marc Jacobs... The wishbone was picked up on my FIRST EVER sample sale... on a bit of a post shopping mooch around Mayfair. The sample sale was a crazy experience in itself but opened my eyes to the crazy world of discounted designer goods. I loved it! Plus it was a chance to get to my beloved London, however the events of that evening lead to the unravelling of my first BIG love. This little wishbone signifies my hope, that one day my heart will be healed and all my dreams will come true. 

Another day off, another crazy bag lady outfit! Enjoy!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment