Thursday 22 August 2013

Pink is the new black...


Carven


Simone Rocha


Honor



THE SKIRT!!!!

Topshop Gwenda heels, £58, I also NEED them in lilac...


& other stories blouse


Zara 


Cos




Confession time... I am not usually one for trends, or "following" anything fashion related, however I have a dirty new obsession. A brand new fashion perv if you must... Pink. Yes the girlies, tackiest, fluffiest colour of them all. And not just your average fuchsia, I am talking sugary, candy floss hued, Pepto Bismol/Calpol pink. 

But this so ain't pink as you know it... I'm talking mixing textures like leather, PVC, and angora with a dash of gossamer light silk... I'm talking wearing princess coats with lilac stilettoes and yesterday's mascara (and knickers) This look will be a mixture f the subversive, the slutty and downright decadent. I will be mixing shades of sugary pink, teaming full, fifties skirts with transparent blouses and high heels... It will be my way of doing Stepford wife meets Linda Lovelace with a kick of Paris Hilton and Anna Dello Russo for good measure. I like to think of it as Hi meets low brow. 

I realise that my winter wardrobe would be resembling a pastel paint factory when I saw Simone Rocha's collection which was inspired by her Grandma... and i realised this was the way forward. I have already acquired a baby pink PVC pencil skirt, blue slut shoes and a mint green oversize cable knit jumper. Next are lilac pointed toe heels, and sheer check knee length kilt, a baby blu jumper and lashings of lemon. 

You see my idea of being all Lady Lady always has to have a twist, I am just not a girly girl and although the silhouette will be twee and oh so chic there will have to something "off" about proceedings. Such as lashings of ghetto gold, black n ail polish or a flash of bra through a see through gossamer fine blouse. You see what I'm getting at? A little slut to my Stepford... That is just me! I love to do things in a not quite perfect way, I think it makes a look interesting and all the more exciting. Where i8s the fun in utter perfection and looking pristine and "done"? I like to think there is none, and that is how I will justify my Naughty Granny look that I intend to spend the entire season owning all for myself. The baby pink PVC has already had her debut and the reaction was rather fabulous... For the next trick I will be teaming her with my oversize mint jumper and some silver brogues and cute frilly socks. Mostly because I can and partly because I love freaking out boys and nothing is weirder than a stripper skirt and Granddad jumper and shoes. 

I am loving the sheer breadth of what the upcoming season has to offer but grunge (bored of this already) and pared down minimalism are all very well, I feel like channelling a crazed Granny, or an undone lady rather than what else is being offered up. It just feels a bit more original and skew whiff than the usual cookie cutter trends that have been churned out. Plus I am definitely happy unless I am man repelling and impressing my fellow girls. It is more fun that way and the less put together I am the more comfortable feel in my own skin... Mostly cos I will be in a gay bar, dancing to disco and not worrying if the nearest bit of man candy is checking me out, cos I have the wrong equipment!

So think pink, if you've got any sense that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment